Rob Foster lives in the Beamsville area. He and his family moved to the community in 1993.
He is an elected Councillor in the Town of Lincoln. First elected in January of 2001, he has taken on the following roles this term of Council:
- Deputy Mayor (2015/2016)
- Chair of the Economic Development & Planning Committee
- Member of Council Business Planning (committee of the whole)
- Member of Finance & Administration Committee
- Member of the Committee of Adjustment (alternate Chair)
- Lincoln Council representative on the Twenty Valley Tourism Association
- Lincoln Council representative on the Greater Niagara Circle Route Committee
Rob was Deputy Mayor and Chair of Corporate Priorities for the Town from 2006 to 2010. In addition, he was previously Chair of Planning and Development from 2003 to 2006/2011 to 2014, implementing a number of changes to improve the planning committee process.
Rob recently completed a Masters degree (MLIS) from the University of Western Ontario. He previously earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science degree from McMaster University. He also has achieved the Project Manager Professional or PMP certification.
Rob works as an IT development manager for LifeLabs, a private health care company that performs over 100 million laboratory tests each year and supports over 19 million patient visits in Canada.