Rob Foster lives in the Beamsville area. He and his family moved to the community in 1993.
He is an elected Councillor in the Town of Lincoln. First elected in January of 2001, he has taken on the following roles this term of Council:
- Deputy Mayor (2015/2016)
- Chair of the Economic Development & Planning Committee (2015/2016)
- Chair of Council Business Planning (committee of the whole) (2017 – …)
- Member of Finance & Administration Committee (2015/2016)
- Member of Sports, Recreation and Culture Committee (2017 – …)
- Lincoln Council representative on the Twenty Valley Tourism Association (2015/2016)
- Lincoln Council representative on the Lincoln Public Library Board (2017 – …)
Rob was Deputy Mayor and Chair of Corporate Priorities for the Town from 2006 to 2010. In addition, he was previously Chair of Planning and Development from 2003 to 2006/2011 to 2014, implementing a number of changes to improve the planning committee process.
Rob is currently working on a Masters degree in Public Administration from the University of Western Ontario. He recently completed a Masters degree (MLIS), also from the University of Western Ontario. He previously earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science degree from McMaster University. He also has achieved the Project Manager Professional or PMP certification in 2011.
Rob works as an IT applications development manager for LifeLabs, a private health care company that performs over 100 million laboratory tests each year and supports over 19 million patient visits in Canada.